Labor & Industry
In Labor & Industries, a state governmental agency that regulates and enforces industrial insurance benefits to workers The development, pre-production and production environments are managed by different teams using different change processes and, in some cases, different management and configuration tools. The impact is that teams cannot be confident in the quality of their changes prior to release into production.
L&I is looking to restructure Teams to enable more consistency between environments and prepare for a DevOps transformation in support of the Agile transformation. L&I was looking for support in answering the following questions:
- How will we restructure?
- How will we work?
- How will we measure success?
- How will we manage and communicate change?
Agile transformation and coaching to manage the change of:
- Training (operations tools & Agile/Scrum)
- Transitioning individuals to realign with future needs
- Culture shift from silo'd to cross-functional teams
- Future state expectations for Supervisors and Managers
- Futures state expectations for toolset changes (CI/CD)
- Communications and change transparency
Provided custom Team and management Scrum training, specialty role training (Scrum Master and Product Owner) and coaching for successful adoption and Agile transformation including:
- Cross functional teams (Networking, Firewalls, VM, Webserver, Space Management, etc)
- Adoption of Team Agile events and cadences
- Automation (CI/CD, DevOps)
- Shared process across all teams
- Shared toolsets across operating environments
- Agile intake/prioritization process
- Agile work delivery process (Kanban)